Country Manager Angola
Qatar Airways have embarked on an exciting transformation journey to change how we interact with our customers. As part of this journey, we are now recruiting for the role of Country Manager Angola.
Based in Luanda, you will lead highly engaged sales teams within multiple online territories to exceed commercial targets from a portfolio of existing accounts and new business.
Reporting to Regional Manager Southern Africa, you will develop and rationalise the allocation of resources, skills and activities in the multiple territories to drive profitable revenue and reduce cost of sale from priority sales channels. You will actively contribute to the performance of your region in close relation with our Headquarters based in Qatar.
This represents a fantastic opportunity in a fast-paced environment in a leading Aviation group to contribute to our continued development and evolution.
Specific Accountabilities Include
- Responsible for the strategic direction of the sales team in the assigned territories by defining the optimal way to increase sales through commercial actions and partnerships
- Structure and implement sales plans to optimise Qatar Airways (QR) revenue and presence in the market for key/strategic/national accounts.
- Improve focus and alignment of key distribution channels in the assigned territories with QR distribution strategy.
- Formulate and implement Business to business (B2B) strategies with the sales team to maximise revenue from existing accounts and drive revenue streams from new business.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in head office and region to develop local sales incentives strategy for the assigned territories.
- Recommend the B2B sales strategy for assigned territories. Accountable for negotiating agreements within assigned territories.
- Responsible for delivering targets and KPI’s for the sales team in the assigned territories.
- Monitor and provide feedback to stakeholders on competitor pricing and promotional activity within the assigned territories.
- Manage allocated expenditure budgets of the assigned territories to ensure maximum return of investment for every expense.
- Provide sales leadership in the assigned territories by setting strategic road maps and objectives for sales team members.
- Provide input to Digital and Marketing team to maximize QR exposure and brand presence in assigned territories.
- Maintain high-level relationships with key industry bodies, diplomatic missions, governments, airports within the assigned territories.
- Ensure QR has optimal presence in sales campaigns and public events in the station, gathering market intelligence and sales leads for distribution to relevant stakeholders.
- Review management information/network data with team to drive revenue and seek out tactical revenue opportunities.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
About you – The successful person will have:
- Ideally a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 7 years’ relevant commercial experience within the travel industry, ideally within Aviation.
- Extensive knowledge of the Africa region. Experience in West Africa would be advantageous.
- Budgetary and planning experience.
- Systematic and logical approach to problem solving and a capability of working around problems. Good creative and lateral thinking skills. A strong team player, capable of seeing and understanding the bigger picture.
Fluency in English and and Portuguese (written and spoken) is essential for this role.
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
How To Apply
Please ensure all applications include CV’s in English language.