Job Tile / Role: Inventory Controller
Relocation Available: Yes
Industry: Warehousing & Distribution
Department: Local Sales & Purchase
Town / City: Luanda
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Vacancies available : 1
Age : Should not be older than 30 years .
Duties for a Inventory Controller :-
- Develop the company’s inventory management strategy with the aim of controlling costs within budgetary limits & generating savings,
- Rationalizing inventory and maximizing available working capital.
- Manage and maintain the company’s material and stocked product inventory including stock profiles and stock locations
- Manage and control perpetual inventory stock counting / inventory accuracy checks
- Minimize overstocks and removal of obsolete / redundant stock to maximize availability of working capital
- Ensure that goods inward / stock control department( Cold storage ) is well organized and controlled to sufficiently support order follow-up and the goals of the business.
- Ensure incoming product is receipted and managed appropriately according to company procedure.
- Ensure stock movement is based on FIFO system ( First in First out ).
- Ensure that any stocks that are near expiry date are chased and followed up until fully sold out.
- Provide routine management information on inventory performance
- Reporting to Country Sales & Purchase Head liaise with Senior Accountant.
- Implement improvement processes and systems to reduce inventory,
- Minimize costs and maximize working capital
- Write and maintain accurate written procedures for all main inventory control processes and functions.
- Be responsible for managing SOH (stock on hand ) for each type of stock for specific location.
- Regular inventory check for shop & cold storage . Manage control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved.
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of the stock management system
- Produce regular reports to ensure key critical areas of the stock system are controlled and any discrepancies addressed and resolved.
- The job role may include other reasonable duties/tasks from time to time
- For Damage & Cost goods should be preferred to C & R dept Hours
- Hours of work will be determined by work levels and requirements of same to ensure all responsibilities are met. Many moving pieces will keep inventory controller on their toes Income
- Salary is negotiable depending on his caliber and capacity.
- All expenses such as Food / Accommodation / Travel / Visa ( if required) / Laundry / Light / Water will be borne by the company. (Zero out of Pocket Expenses)
Skills and knowledge
- Have a detailed understanding of inventory control & management systems
- Excellent numerical skills and analytical ability particularly in the use of Excel spreadsheets and problem solving skills.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and sales focused working environment.
- Possess excellent personal organization and business administration skills in accordance with modern best practice methods.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent time management and ability to multi task in a busy often pressurized environment
- Ability to handle inventory related insurance claim procedure and communicate with Insurance agent.
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Possess relevant IT skills in basic MS Office applications – outlook, word & excel in particular and a working knowledge of business ERP systems
- Ideally possessing a relevant professional qualification and/or suitable background experience in inventory management / purchasing
- However, years of experience in the logistics, warehouse or inventory field, plus demonstrated management qualifications might suffice.
- Internal : Import coordinator , Shop manager , Sales & Purchase manager, Accounting & Logistic department .
- External : Insurance Agency.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website for better understanding of Business nature: www.newacogrupo.com