Resource Acquisition, Communications and Quality Assurance Lead
Sobre a vaga
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!Employee Contract TypeInternational Assignment – Fixed Term (Fixed Term)Job Description
- Position Location – World Vision Angola
- Please submit your CV in English.
Language: English and Portuguese are a MUSTPURPOSE OF POSITIONThe Lead for Resource Acquisition, Communications and Quality Assurance is a key leader within the Senior Management Team. The position provides leadership to resource acquisition, proposal development, marketing, communications together with technical quality assurance in programme design, monitoring and evaluation within World Vision (WV) Angola.The lead for Resource Acquisition, Communications and Quality Assurance ensures that WV Angola’s strategic sectorial areas have technical approaches and high quality programmer. They will keep a strong system of reporting that is well managed and responsive to the quality needs of donors & Support Office partners. They will provide overall leadership in program assessment, design, monitoring and evaluation, research, fundraising, communications and reporting. They will ensure WV Angola project managers have the tools and resources they need to implement the country strategy, standards, policies and procedures to deliver high standards of quality programming. They will strengthen accountability, ensure programmatic integration, and ensure that interventions achieve maximum impact in for Child Well-being.The Lead for Resource Acquisition, Communications and Quality Assurance will manage multiple fundraising streams to maximize available resources in Angola.
Integration of WV’s Christian programming models across the spectrum of programmes and in resource development considering the grant-funded operating model
- Strategic leadership and guidance towards integrating and demonstrating the impact of WV’s faith-based approaches on sustained improvements in child well-being.
- Ensure programme reporting routinely and consistently captures the contribution of WV’s faith-based approaches to child well-being.
Resource Development Strategic Leadership and Donor Engagement
- Undertake regular reviews of the donor landscape in Angola and ensure WV is pre-positioned in strategic areas and maintains a balanced portfolio.
- Lead resource acquisition, management and retention of new and existing donors through developing and or designing of high quality proposals/concepts/programs that aligns with WVA strategy.
- Provide technical hands-on support working with technical sector managers to Grants acquisition and management to support the design of strong and focused proposals/programs targeting the most vulnerable children.
- In collaboration with FO finance ensure that budgets are detailed, realistic and in alignment with successful implementation of key outcomes
- Lead the process of Go/NoGo, timely engaging with SLT, ND, RO and/or SO
- Develop and update, on yearly base, the NO’s Business Plan and Resource targets, identifying priority sectors and donors. Keep an update list of the opportunities in the pipeline, providing regular information to the SLT, ND, and RO.
- Support in the formulation of the yearly budget for the GAM, communication, and QA. Provide information for the timely definition of the Human Resources forecast.
- Actively engage and participate in strategic in country donor meetings/clusters with foundations, bilateral and multilateral institutions, and corporates, with support of RO
- Identify key relationships with local government and other key local stakeholders to strengthen the FOs brand and profile within the country.
Resource Acquisition: Corporates/major donors: (you can call this National Resource Development
- Conduct regular corporate / donor landscape analysis to identify strategy opportunities for resource acquisition.
- Develop a portfolio of program components suitable for investment by major donors or corporate partners.
- Develop appropriate sales packs & resources required to strengthen corporate / major donor approaches and position World Vision as a development partner of choice.
- Leverage WVA’s existing grant program portfolio and geographic footprint to develop new marketing products for local audiences with a propensity to give to World Vision.
- Support the design & development of locally appropriate marketing strategies.
- Explore new opportunities for local fundraising, including social enterprise design, ‘product branding’, carbon credits, development impact bonds and other initiatives.
- Provide leadership and guidance on Communications and branding that supports both the engagement with donors and increase de awareness of WVI-Angola work impact on communities, families and children.
Quality Assurance, Monitoring and Evaluation, Research and impact leadership
- Lead WV Angola’s quality assurance function to ensure the delivery of quality assessments, baselines, monitoring, and evaluations that adhere to donor/support office requirements.
- Document WV Angola’s progress, achievements, and successes to provide an evidence base that demonstrates WV Angola’s program impact and technical quality.
- Lead the co-ordination and production of annual and semiannual impact reports with support from the QA Manager, communications officer, program officer and project managers.
- Facilitate the development of Technical Approaches for priority sectoral areas as defined by the NO strategy.
- Strengthen the link between M&E, analysis and program design to ensure that emerging findings / best practice are incorporated into future program design components.
- Build capacity of M&E staff to ensure sustainable organizational development in program quality.
- Ensure WV Angola complies with WV Partnership expectations for program quality. Oversight the introduction and consolidation of the LMMS system at WVI Angola.
- Strengthen linkage between teams during the late stage of proposal development, submission and point of award, to ensure that project start up can proceed in a timely manner.
- Monitor and provide quality assurance in the implementation of all grants in accordance with donor requirements.
- Ensure Grant Health Tracker for grant projects are up to date and any issues are addressed.
- Ensure Horizon grant tracking system is up to date
- Ensure that WV Angola conducts due diligence before partnering with new organizations. Potential partners requiring due diligence include, sub grantees (NGO/CBOs), corporate donors & institutional donors.
- Ensure that GAM risk assessments are conducted as part of the early phase Go/No Go decision making.
- Advice senior management team of any grant management issues that increase WV’s risk exposure and develop appropriate mitigation strategies.
Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Masters degree and/or professional qualification in International Development studies Community Development or any Social Science related degree
- Computer literate (Operate MSword and Excel and Lotus note)
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Fluency in both language Portuguese and English and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Perform other duties as required.
- 7-10 years experience on negotiation, mediation, conflict analysis and resolution
- Experience on influencing policy formulation, implementation, evaluation, mobilization for stakeholders engagement in the decision making process.
- Ability to systematize knowledge, policies, procedures, and standards
- Critical thinking. Creative and innovative thinking and facilitation skills
- Demonstrating an understanding of and commitment to World Vision’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values in the approach to work and relationships
- Demonstrated ability to raise funds from institutional and private donors
- Practical field experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Proven ability to facilitate working groups, communities of practice or other similar learning mechanisms both face to face and virtually.
- Proven ability to collaborate with all levels of staff and to motivate and mobilize individuals outside their reporting line to achieve agreed strategic plans.
- Knowledge of the monitoring and evaluation requirements of key institutional donors (USAID, DFAT, WFP, etc.)
- Consistently demonstrates high-level influence and strategic engagement skills and tactical savvy in delivery of technical assistance
- Comfort and confidence working in a diverse and inclusive team environment.
- Experience and competencies data analysis using appropriate software tools (e.g. SPSS, SAS,ABTAB)
- Good technical/ impact report writing skills
Applicant Types AcceptedLocal and International Applicants (IA’s) Accepted
- A NOX Angola Está a Recrutar um Key Account Manager para um dos seus clientes em Luanda (m/f)
- A NOX Angola Está a Recrutar um Assessor de Comunicação Para um dos seus Clientes em Luanda (m/f)
- Recrutamento – Gestor de Stock
- A NOX Angola Está a Recrutar um IT Manager para um dos seus Clientes em Luanda (m/f)
- Recrutamento – Técnico Sénior de Compras e Aprovisionamento
- A OPS – Serviços de Produção de Petróleos Está Recrutar Em noventa (90) Vagas Para Admissão Imediata
- A PETROMAR LDA ESTÁ RECRUTAR COORDENADOR DE PROJECTO SUBMARINO
- A PETROMAR LDA ESTÁ RECRUTAR CHEFE DE EQUIPA DE MANUSEAMENTO DE CARGAS
- A PETROMAR ESTÁ RECRUTAR FORMADOR DE HSE
- Administrador de Banco de Dados (DBA)
- RECRUTAMENTO – CONTABILISTA SENIOR
- Recrutamento – Subgerente
- 33 Vagas Abertas na Valaris
- A Omatapalo Está a Recrutar Director de Obra Sénior- Projetos Fotovoltaicos.
- A PETROMAR ESTÁ RECRUTAR PREPARADOR DE MECÂNICA
- RECRUTAMENTO – TÉCNICO DE RECURSOS HUMANOS
- RECRUTAMENTO – TÉCNICO DE CONTABILIDADE
- Recrutamento – Gestora de Eventos
- OPORTUNIDADE DE ESTÁGIO NA CHEVRON PARA TÉCNICOS MÉDIOS RECÉM-FORMADOS