Senior Associate/Scientist/Entomology Technical Advisor – VectorLink Angola
Abt Associates is recruiting a Senior Associate/ Scientist/ Entomology Technical Advisor – VectorLink Angola, to be based in Luanda, Angola.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships among a variety of national MOH officers/staff members, international government agencies, and public health/donor organizations
- Serve as a point of contact for PMI supported entomological activities in Angola in close collaboration with PMI Angola staff
- Provide timely and accurate advice and direction on CDC/USAID policies, procedures, and guidelines to NMCP staff involved in PMI entomological related projects
- Act as PMI liaison between NMCP and other entomological stakeholders with in-country PMI team and HQ (CDC/USAID)
- Asses the in-country operational needs, conduct problem solving around coordination of entomology activities, and coordinate with HQ to provide timely feedback that is aligned with NMCP, WHO, and PMI policy
- Coordinate activities for a local capacity building. Organize and help implement training, selection of trainee candidates and coordination among involved training partners.
- Contribute to the development of instructional materials and facilitation of logistics for training implementation
- Support the design, implementation and quality oversight or monitoring entomological surveys to obtain data/evidence to inform public health program interventions and policy-making decisions
- Supervise and compile the data collected from the entomological surveys from municipal and national levels, carry out quality control and analysis reports, sharing with stakeholders on the routine basis
- Identify problematic areas and solicit advice and TA to HQ for prompt resolution
- Provide entomological leadership and coordinate PMI supported entomology activities with the MOH/NMCP and entomology stake-holders
- Support coordination of entomological activities to better understand entomological status in-country
- Strengthen the entomological capacity of MOH/NMCP technical counterparts
- Bi-weekly activity reports submitted to PMI Angola team at the end of each week
- Conference calls with PMI entomology focal point and in-country team (frequency based on agreed upon need)
- Expected travel to Huambo, PMI provinces (25%-35% of the time), and E8 provinces (5% as needed)
- Masters degree or equivalent (preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years experience in entomology (preferred)
- Demonstrated management skills and organization principles and practices
- Handle multiple priorities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience conducting scientific or programmatic research and/or technical support to international public health programs
- Strong written and oral communications skills and enhanced interpersonal relationship skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and effectively manage multiple priorities that are subject to change
- Fluent in Portuguese or Spanish and English
- MA/MBA with 13-15 years or PhD with 8-10 years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits
How to Apply
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO:
- A Chevron está a recrutar um Engenheiro de Petróleos da Área B para Luanda, em Angola.
- A Emosist está recrutar Director(a) de contabilidade para Esso Angola.