World Vision is recruiting a Project Accountant, to be based in Negola, Angola.
- Coordinate finance planning and reporting meetings with project manager and maintain financial and monitoring systems that comply with World Vision partnership and Donors policies and regulations in order to provide appropriate levels of security and controls over grants resources and all financial operations Review all requisitions, payments travel, and business advances before approval by Project Manager
- Visit project sites to ensure that supplies inventory records are maintained appropriately
- Implement WVI financial system initiatives relating to budgeting, disbursement and income management (GEMS, LEAP Budget templates, Sun systems. Project Core Reports, Horizon, S2P etc.)
- Prepare project budgets using LEAP finance budget standards or donor required format to meet finance standards for grants, grant budget proposal and ensure that each donor covers their fair share of administration costs before they are submitted to donors
- Consolidate and review grant procurement purchase requisitions for compliance with donor regulations, and WV policies
- Prepare monthly cash-flow forecasts for the Project with planned expenses and income to ensure smooth operations
- Build capacity of Partner Organizations and field staff on grants financial management
- Consolidate the monthly and quarterly grant financial reports in line with World Vision financial reporting standards and grant guidelines in compliance with donor format
- File all grant information and documentation in particular signed copies of grant agreements, extensions/amendments, Memorandum Of Understanding, approved budgets, financial reports submitted to donors and key correspondences with Support Offices on all funding received for the grants
- Manage all audits by providing required documentation, provide or coordinate explanations required
- Liaise with appropriate World Vision Support Offices and other donors regarding financial and accounting issues in order to keep an up-to-date relationship with relevant stakeholders
- Prepare reconciliations and follow up unsettled travel and business advances of grant staff and perform account allocation on a monthly basis
- Bachelor of Accountancy or Part qualified ACCA or CIMA or its equivalent
- Broad understanding of major donor requirements like USAID, ECHO, KOICA, DFID, etc.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Hands on experience in Sun Systems and PMQA
- 4 years in an NGO environment with emphasis on finance and grants
- Fluency in English and Portuguese
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
How to Apply
- Apply online:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO:
- Robert Walters is recruiting a Brand Manager, to be based in Luanda, Angola.
- A FIRCROFT está a recrutar um Mestre de Amarração para Luanda, em Angola.